3.26.2013

Beer Tuesday - Abita Satsuma Harvest Wit

Abita Satsuma Harvest Wit. This beer is made with the juice of satsumas, which are a type of seedless orange, sort of. The satsumas used in this beer were grown in Louisiana, keeping with Abita's habit of keeping things local. Just like how their beer is made with water out of the artesian wells of Abita Springs, Louisiana.

I am a huge fan of Abita, with their quirky brews and unique flavors. I'd rate this beer a 4/5. Unfortunately it is not something that is readily available and one I haven't seen in the local stores here in Atlanta for around 2 years now.

Satsuma Harvest Wit certainly has satsuma flavor, along with a touch of coriander and an orange peel aftertaste. Its pretty citrusy which blends well with the malt and hop flavor. 5.2% ABV which makes it not TOO strong, either. Chill and enjoy.

No comments: