2.22.2011

Beer Review Tuesday - Terrapin Moo-Hoo @TerrapinBeerATL @TerrapinBeerCo



Terrapin Moo-Hoo Chocolate Milk Stout.

So many beer to try, so little time. I tried this over at my friend's house. We have a little beer exchange going. I stop by his place and try his beers, he tries mine. I would never have straight up bought this, but since he had it I gave it a shot.

Terrapin's website describes it as, "Our brand new seasonal selection! The Terrapin “Moo-Hoo” Chocolate Milk Stout proudly uses cocoa nibs and shells from Olive and Sinclair Chocolate Company to give this beer its great taste!"

They sure seemed excited about it. I wasn't so sure. It had a lot smokier of a flavor than I generally enjoy, and this beer is dark dark dark. The extra ingredients gave it a lot of weight going down, and the aftertaste was this weird bit chocolately taste. I probably couldn't knock back more than one of these bad boys. Not to mention a 7.7% alcohol content which gives it the strength above an average beer.

I'd probably give it 2 out of 4 stars. Its halfway there. Nothing I'd buy, but interesting to try as a freebie.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know about chocolate beer either, maybe one just to try it out.

Drackar said...

the idea of chocolate beer is a little off putting for me. I mean, I like beer, and I like chocolate...but together? meh.

LoneIslander said...

Interesting brew.

Public Confessions said...

this looks classy
what are you thankful for?

Zakk said...

Sounds pretty awesome.