Today I'm going to discuss the Dogfish Head 90 Minute Imperial IPA from the Dogfish Head Brewery in Delaware.
This beer is one of my favorites. It comes in 4 packs. A four pack doesn't seem like much, but even a four pack of the 90 Minute IPA is kind of excessive for one person in one evening. This four pack is definitely something you'd split with a friend.
With 9% alcohol it packs a bit of a punch. I've found that once an IPA goes over the 10% mark it treads dangerously close to having an alcohol flavor to it. So at 9% the 90 minute is just right.
Slightly bitter, citrusy, and extremely hoppy, but overall it all balances out. To me it tastes slightly creamy, but its just that smooth.
If you've never had an IPA before, this probably isn't the best place to start. Or if you don't like IPAs at all (and you're nuts), then avoid it. Like coffee, IPAs are kind of an acquired taste. However if you are the "I tried it, I like it, I want some more of it type" then the 90 Minute is certainly something you need to try!
Here's one of the Dogfish Head guys drunkenly describing it.
They also make a 120 Minute Imperial IPA which is 18% alcohol (strong shit!), but it is only brewed a couple of times a year. Finding the 120 Minute is indeed like finding the holy grail at the beer store. Unfortunately they fucked up the last batch so the next batch won't be out on shelves until December or January at least.
14 comments:
oh god u can't imagine how fuckin much i love beer
That looks like one tasty beer. Gonna see if I can track some down.
niice.
that sounds like a real crappy beer... dog fish head? ewww...
I love the 60, 90, and 120.
I was lucky enough to be working at a liquor store when a batch of 120 came out. My friend and I bought half of our shipment up. I still have a few 4 packs that I'm cellaring.
I want to try this beer!!!!
DOGFISH head? what an awesome name! too bad I don't like beer xD
Shame I dont live in america, dogfish beer seems awesome :D
i hate beer. liquor ftw
one I've actually had before... I love it though!
Oh God, I can't drink cuz of I drive all saturday night D:
I fucking love beer.
18% hahaha
Now thats a good night!
Saw this post and was like WOOT Delaware!
This is the first post I saw checking out this blog, I think I'm going to like it. Dogfish Head brewery is one of the boldest breweries out there, and their craft beers are second to almost none. Great post, following, supporting.
Post a Comment