3.12.2013

Beer Tuesday: Pyramid Outburst Imperial IPA

Ahhhhh, Imperial IPAs, what can I say? They're bitter as fuck. And hoppy. As an imperial IPA, Outburst definitely does not disappoint.

With an 8% ABV, this beer is no joke. No joke whatsoever. Also, with the massive 80 "IBU" score the bitterness is definitely there.

Honestly, this beer is one of those beers where the flavor hops out of the glass and punches you in the face, and the minute you stop making that "wow bitter" face the aftertaste punches you in the face again, making you set the glass down and wait a minute before you take another sip. I'd probably certainly buy this again given my love of bitter beers. However, the imperials are something I tend not to fuck with, since they are sort of the Samuel L Jacksons of IPAs. Serious shit with serious characters.

However if you want to look cool, Pyramid Outburst is definitely one of those beers you could drink and grow to love.

No comments: