2.26.2013

Beer Tuesday: Anderson Valley Hop Ottin' IPA

This is as close to the perfect beer as I've found recently. Bottled or canned, it tastes just as good either way. With a 7% ABV it has a strong bite, but it goes down smooth. Like most IPAs, it has a citrusy aftertaste, which is one of my favorite things about IPAs. Before you start dissing me for my IPA love, keep in mind that I still prefer my beers on the light side. Stouts and things are just too dark for my sensitive taste buds.

The other good thing about Hop Ottin is that it isn't TOO hard to find. Given its easy to find status and delicious taste, it's hard to say no when given a choice. In fact, this beer is to blame for my recent non-foraying into variety and checking out new things. I'd rate this a 9/10. Value + Taste.

No comments: