This is a good time of year to put your plants in new pots and bring them in the house. I have several tropical plants that live outside next to my pool during the summer time. You can see 4 brown pots in this picture. The biggest one to the right started as an individual plant that I bought at home depot on clearance 2 years ago. It was half dead. After some TLC, miracle grow, and watering, the plant has divided itself a few times and now I have four of them! Ha. I don't even know what the hell kind of plant it is. It looks nice though and it keeps growing. Most of the potting supplies and everything are on clearance this time of year so its a good time to stock up. Also if you want to pick up a plant for inside the house over the winter its a great time to find them for cheap. Just make sure you get a decent quality potting soil - Thats the one thing you don't want to skimp on. You can also mix a small amount of sand in with the potting soil to help stretch your bag of potting soil out a little bit. Also add rocks to the bottom of the pots - that increases drainage and reduces the amount of soil that you need!
11.11.2011
My plants on the back deck, ready to be brought in.
This is a good time of year to put your plants in new pots and bring them in the house. I have several tropical plants that live outside next to my pool during the summer time. You can see 4 brown pots in this picture. The biggest one to the right started as an individual plant that I bought at home depot on clearance 2 years ago. It was half dead. After some TLC, miracle grow, and watering, the plant has divided itself a few times and now I have four of them! Ha. I don't even know what the hell kind of plant it is. It looks nice though and it keeps growing. Most of the potting supplies and everything are on clearance this time of year so its a good time to stock up. Also if you want to pick up a plant for inside the house over the winter its a great time to find them for cheap. Just make sure you get a decent quality potting soil - Thats the one thing you don't want to skimp on. You can also mix a small amount of sand in with the potting soil to help stretch your bag of potting soil out a little bit. Also add rocks to the bottom of the pots - that increases drainage and reduces the amount of soil that you need!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment