4.09.2013

Beer Tuesday - Weyerbacher's Double Simcoe Double IPA

Boy oh boy it sure is a lot of work drinking all these beers to be able to blog about them every week. No, really, you have no idea. Sometimes my right arm gets tired from popping the caps off of them.

Double Simcoe. What can I say? This is a double aka imperial IPA. Hoppy as hell. So much hops and alcohol (9% ABV) it practically jumps out of the glass and punches you in the face. If you love hoppy flavor, then double simcoe is probably something you would enjoy. The brewers at Weyerbacher did a fantastic job at blending flavors on this beer. Overall I give it a low drinkability score due to the high alcohol content. As a one-off beer, it certainly is fantastic though. Not something I'd probably buy a six pack of, but definitely something to cherry-pick into your "build a sixpack" thingy at the local beer store.

No comments: