2.05.2013

Beer Tuesday: Buffalo Bill's Alimony ale

Buffalo Bill's Brewery Alimony Ale (California).

The fuckers on beer advocate gave this beer kind of crappy rating. Which just goes to show you that what works for one beer lover doesn't always necessarily work for another.

I thoroughly enjoyed this beer. Unfortunately its not local and not necessarily easy to find round these parts here in Atlanta. You gotta go to the right beer shop, give the secret password, slip the clerk a $20, and they let you go through the fake cooler door to the "treasure room" where all the decent cold beers are kept. Just kidding. But it'd be pretty cool if there was a shop that carried craft beer that did that.

Anyways, I'm gonna rate this a 9 out of 10. I'm deducting one point for for the 6.8% ABV which is simply borderline too much alcohol for my poor system. After two of these I was ready to be done for the night and go to sleep. Maybe I was just really tired or something. Who knows. Otherwise it tasted great and went perfect with dinner and dessert. Definitely something I can see myself picking up and keeping around in the fridge for rainy days when I'm in the mood for something on the bitter side.

No comments: